NGAMI SECONDARY SCHOOL
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Ngami secondary school was first started in 1981 but collapsed in 1984 due to poor enrolment and financial problems.
However the twelve candidates who were already registered for K.C.S.E managed to sit the examination and performed well.
Two years later in 1986, the school was restarted. There were two teachers.
In 1987, the TSC posted two trained teachers and one untrained. This time the school had six teachers.
In 1989 there were a major reshuffle in the school management and administration. In February a T.S.C head teacher was appointed. In May of this year the first Board of governors was appointed to take over the running of the school from the school committee.
- It is a catholic Church sponsored school
- It is a mixed day and boarding secondary school
- It has two streams but form one has three streams
- Has an enrolment of 446 students with 239 boys and 207 girls
- There are 14 TSC teachers and 5 BOM teachers
- There are 12 Non-teaching staff
- There are eight classrooms to cater for the two streams and a congested form one class
- There are three dormitories. Two for girls and one for boys
- There are two science laboratories
- There are 3 staff houses
- There is a lot of ICT equipment donated by ADSI, Seavuria project and GNBA.
- Infrastructure funds for three classrooms from the ministry of education was received and construction has started
The eleven examinable subjects in the school include:
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- BUSINESS STUDIES
Life skills and Physical education are courses taught in the school but not examinable.
The school has many awards for example in 2017, the volleyball boys team was the county champions evidenced by the beautiful trophy. The music group has represented the school at both the regional and national levels in two consecutive years; 2017 band 2018. In 2017, they took position three at the national level in coastal traditional dances. The school manages to send students to the public universities with KUCCPS (those who score quality grades). E.g. three candidates scored C+ and above and are currently in the universities.